Discussion Forum

5.9 Is the life better in the village or in the city?

Picture of Nikola Kragovic
5.9 Is the life better in the village or in the city?
by Nikola Kragovic - Saturday, 20 December 2014, 10:14 AM

I would say city. Because there are much more people to spend your time and everything is near you.

What do you think? 

Picture of Vladimir Aleksic
Re: 5.9 Is the life better in the village or in the city?
by Vladimir Aleksic - Saturday, 20 December 2014, 2:19 PM

Well, it all depends on the human, his character, where he was raised. For example, I like to go to the village often, the nature just calms me down. But in the city, time goes faster, you're always in a hurry. But I'll say city :)

Picture of Jelena Stajic
by Jelena Stajic - Saturday, 20 December 2014, 4:36 PM

I'll say village because I live here, and where I grew no polluted air, nature is more beautiful and I can say that it's easier to live in village. Although I wish sometimes to live in city because I like that some fast life. :) 

Picture of Aleksandra Mihajlovic
by Aleksandra Mihajlovic - Saturday, 20 December 2014, 5:10 PM

Living in village is great because I can spend a lot of time in peace,the air is clean and healthy.

I also like living in cities because there are a lot of people with whom I spend a lot of time and everything is in my reach.

Picture of Julija Toman
by Julija Toman - Sunday, 21 December 2014, 12:48 PM

As Vladimir Aleksic nicely put, it all depends on person’s view.

I personally prefer to live in a city or a town where I can maintain the sort of social life that I am used to and have access to the things such as shops, theatres, libraries etc. Also, privacy is very important to me and in a village, or a really small town, almost everyone is interested in everyone else’s business and people tend to be more judgemental, prejudicial and backward.

Not that I do not appreciated the existence of villages at all, on the contrary. As a kid I have spent a lot of time visiting my grandparents in a village where I learned to appreciate and enjoy the inextricable connection between man and nature.  It was great to be there as a kid because I had almost full freedom of movement while back in the town where I grew up, I had to respect the perimeter :).  So there is a certain peacefulness and safety I can appreciate and understand why others prefer living in a village.

Picture of Tijana Gusnic
by Tijana Gusnic - Sunday, 21 December 2014, 4:19 PM

Living in village is nice because the life there is more peacufull than in the city , the air is clean and the nature is more conserved than in the city. But I would choose city ,because I am used to live there. 

Picture of Edis Kotro
by Edis Kotro - Sunday, 21 December 2014, 10:11 PM

Definitely city, because in the city you got everything you need ! you can much easier find job, there's also lot of entertainment, etc etc !!

Picture of Katarina Savkovic
by Katarina Savkovic - Monday, 22 December 2014, 11:03 AM

I've been reading all these posts, and I couldn't agree more with you all. However, I think it is simply a matter of habit. To someone who's lived at the countryside his whole life, it would be really difficult go get into 'the city routine. It also goes the other way round: if you were born and raised in a city, you would have a tough time trying to get used to all those things that are a part of village life.
My choice for now, would definitely be- city. Why? Because I go to college in a city, have friends in that city, and also, all the parties are there :D

Picture of Anita Jankovic
by Anita Jankovic - Thursday, 25 December 2014, 6:59 PM

I believe life in the city outweighs the benefits of living in the countryside for the modern man. I come from the part of Serbia where villages usually mean places high in the mountains with limited access to schools, shops and other essential facilities. Village where my father was born and where I spent the happiest days of my childhood is now mostly deserted. The youngest person living there is over 60 years old. 

On the other hand, as I grow older I come to appreciate the privacy, peace and healthier living conditions a village can offer. I guess as long as I have internet access I can see myself living in the countryside.

Picture of Dzej Ajeti
by Dzej Ajeti - Saturday, 27 December 2014, 9:26 AM

I live in village and i think that is better to live in village because is more tranquil and you are ripen faster. But as are colleague Vladimir said it depends on human and his character. :) 

Picture of Marija Bajin
by Marija Bajin - Sunday, 28 December 2014, 4:11 PM

I vote for small towns,or something between city and village. I think that people in big cities don't live their life as they should,they are always in rush and they don't have much time for family and friends. I don't like village because of the limitations. For me, the golden mean is the best solution in this case. :-)